04 Jun Luxury Lodge Bucket List
Is it holiday season yet?! That’s a trick question friends, because just like the saying goes that ‘it has to be five ‘o clock somewhere’, we subscribe to the school of thought that there’s never a bad time to take a short break away from the daily grind. At The Secret Lodge we have been busy compiling a shortlist of holiday lodges to die for for that you may want to add to your very own wish list. Be warned, this is an addictive and time consuming way to spend the rest of your afternoon.
Here are are favourite picks of luxury holiday rental accommodation in the Northern Territory thus far, and don’t worry, this list – like our ambition to travel and explore unspoiled far away lands – will continue to grow steadily.
In no particular order…
1. Mount Bundy Station – a recluse working cattle farm ranch in the heart of the Northern Territory of Australia, perfect for the quick getaway from city life and a closer look at the beauty of nature’s wildest creatures.
2. El Questro – a super-sized wilderness retreat in the Kimberly region offering a traditional outback stay with celebrity status comfort and scenery, hosting a cluster of boutique lodges for small or large groups.
3. Longitude 131 – further down south in the Red Centre, with a purpose-built camp looking out onto Uluru (Ayers Rock) you can dine and sleep in luxury tents under the stars and watch the wildlife roam free.
4. Davidsons Arnhem Safari Lodge – built on sacred land that comprises of vast weltands, rainforest and bush, you will get no closer to the essence of wilderness than by enjoying this bespoke lodge experience.
5. Wildman Wilderness Lodge -bordering on the outer skirts of the Kakadu National Park region, the Wildman Wilderness Lodge is a high class retreat for celebrating peace and quiet amongst nature.
There’s plenty more to add to the bucket list, which we will be updating on the main site in due course so stick with us and don’t forget to keep checking our daily inspiration posts on the official TSC Instagram.